Reliant is a leader in providing converged infrastructure solutions to the retail and hospitality industries. Our customers are some of the largest and best known global store and hospitality brands. The Reliant solution is built on a cutting-edge Linux-based virtualization stack that features total management through a devops-driven infrastructure. Our back-end management environment includes Ruby, Rails and Redis components. The Fullstack Developer will be an important member of our development group based in João Pessoa working closely with other developers, testers, devops, product and program managers during the entire product lifecycle. The Fullstack Developer will be responsible for front and back-end web development designing the overall architecture, maintaining quality and ensuring responsiveness of the Reliant's software solutions. This includes special emphasis on usability, performance and scalability.
- Understand best practices relative to coding standards regarding structure of software
- Document both design, analysis, and code to the standards of best practice
- Understand secure coding standards and deliver secure solutions
- Participate in requirement reviews in order to identify risks and opportunities and suggest design and architecture for the solution
- Create new features, maintenance of the Reliant product, write automated tests and ensure code quality
- Interface with product management and the business to clarify and extend requirements statements. Analyze requirements and map them to software functionality and design
The individual in this position will be integral to the development of Reliant's product. Due to the nature of this position, the applicant will need the ability to work during off-hours as necessary. This individual must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years building robust backend applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Minimum 2 years developing complex applications with SQL based database solutions (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.).
- Experience with git version control system.
- Experience working across the entire web stack with a skilled team.
- A strong desire to produce high quality software through cross functional collaboration, testing, code reviews, and other best practices.
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Technical writing skills, effective communication skills in English, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be self-motivated, reliably deliver on time, a quick-thinker, a quick-learner.
- Ability to work with fast changing requirements.
- Passion to learn and grow.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and tools
- Experience in complex React projects, writing and unit testing components
- Experience creating real time applications using Socket.io