Who are we?
An autonomous team of developers who provide high-performance software development services to small and medium-sized businesses.
Spread throughout the Brazilian territory, from the estate of Amazon to Rio Grande do Sul, we're a diverse group of people who love technology and put that love to the benefit of businesses owned by brave entrepreneurs from all walks in life. (We love working with the underdogs!)
We believe that good work is the result of happy and motivated professionals. Companies love to hire from us because they can focus on their products while we focus on our developer's wellbeing.
Some of the benefits of being a member of the Moat family:
- Superior salary: because our customer base is in Europe we can command better salaries
- Self-improvement yearly bonus: We give all devs a fixed-sum yearly bonus that they can spend with anything that will make them happy
- 3 to 6 months of safety net: Whenever a project is over we will pay your salary while we relocate you to a new project
- We support your growth: We fund your learning to keep your skills relevant and sharp.
- Yearly trip: We love to travel. We rent houses around Brazil from where we can live/work/travel whenever we fancy
- Part of the Moat family: Moat is a friendly members-only club for developers, and you can count on us for anything from technical questions to life-changing decisions
- Remote working: Yes!
- English teacher and working environment: You will learn in 3 months what would take you eight years to learn in an English school
What we're looking for
PHP developers with 5+ years of experience in software development.
- A solid understanding of Object Oriented Design, PHP, MySQL, HTML and CSS
- Experience with Frameworks (extra points for Symfony)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with MVC
- Experience with Testing (PHPUnit / PHPSpec)
- Experience with VueJS will be considered an asset
- Love for clean, standards-compliant, well-tested, well patterned, code
- Passion for software development, learning, and growing your craft
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Good spoken and written English
What will you be working on
You will work on a fascinating group of developers from a company related to helping people to start their first business. Our client is a medium-sized company located in London.
You will work alongside other Moat developers. Your job will be mainly Backend development in PHP.
The client is already in the market for 15+ years. So the business model is sound and profitable. Your job is to maitain, update and develop new features for their existing systems.