We believe that learning a language should be fun, rewarding, and a gateway to the best experiences that life has to offer. If you agree, we'd like to talk.
Are a front-end software engineer looking to use your talent for good? Then check out Voxy! Our front-end software engineers are changing the way millions of people around the world learn English through the use of scientific research combined with innovative and patented technology. We are implementing science-driven learning activities along with live lessons using advanced algorithms to build a personalized experience using authentic "content" sources from names you know (Bloomberg, AP, Financial Times, and many others). Voxy's goal is to become the first choice in the English language market, which is valued at $ 80 billion. Thus, our engineering team is crucial to achieving this goal.
What are you doing ?
- You will be the driver behind our revamped reactive, accessible, responsive and when the world is ready progressive front end application
- Build an innovative games/activity framework to engage learners in a scientifically validated manner that improves learning
- Create nicely-instrumented code that is testable and deployable, including A/B testing of new features for usability and efficacy
- We are global! So our interface needs to be global too. The front end is internationalized for learners with different cultures, viewpoints and language acquisition methods
- Build and refine a real time big data dashboard that our partners use to enhance learner outcomes
- Not afraid of taking on an occasional back end challenge
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant experience working as a developer
- Pragmatism in understanding when to build the solution that scales to 1 million users or works for 100 users
Nice to have, but not required:
- Graphic Design, and/or UX/UI acumen
- Knowledge or curious to use Django / Python
- AWS experience would be very good, too
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, equivalent training, or equivalent professional experience
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Work directly with our international team in New York
- Health plan, transportation aid and food
- Mobile bill payment
- Continuing professional development
- Reimbursement for conferences and technical events
- Language classes
- Monthly events with the team
- Unlimited snacks and drinks and access to our refrigerator with beer
- Great team of brilliant, creative, talented and passionate people
- New office in the Butantã Street 194 - Pinheiros WeWork!